If you love bread you’ll almost certainly love eating bruschetta. Adding some amazing goodness on top of bread will surely satisfy your carb cravings.
Even if you’re not a big fan of tomatoes and can be caught picking tomatoes off your sandwich you should still give bruschetta a try. There is something about the combination of ingredients that transforms the tomatoes into amazing goodness.
Bruschetta is easy to make and is always a crowd pleaser as an appetizer when having friends or family over.
2 garlic cloves finely minced
1/2-3/4 loaf of french bread sliced
6 basil leaves (plus more for garnish) rolled and sliced into thin strips
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Salt & Pepper add a dash or two for taste
Instructions for Bruschetta:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Slice the tomatoes and cut out the middle or pulp and discard. Then cut the hard outer shell of the tomato into small bite size cubes.
3. Combine the tomatoes, garlic, basil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper into a medium size bowl and stir together. Be sure to cut the basil into small strips.
4. Place the tomato mixture into the fridge while the bread is baking.
5. Slice the bread and add butter to both sides of the bread. Place bread on a baking sheet.
6. Bake bread for 4 minutes on one side and then bake for another 4 minutes on the other side.
7. Place the bread on your serving plate and then spoon the tomato mixture onto the bread.
8. Garnish with more basil.
Bread is one of the world’s staple foods, most meals are incomplete without a chunk of bread alongside the meal.
Grab your ingredients and discover how to satisfy your carb cravings with the perfect bruschetta recipe at your fingertips.